What is Francis Ngannou Height and Weight? The Cameroonian-French professional mixed martial artist and professional boxer stands tall at 6 feet 4 inches (1.93 m) and weighs 117 kg (257 lbs). Aside from Francis Ngannou height and weight, we will also look at his biography, including his age, career, net worth, parents, siblings, wife, and children.
Francis Ngannou Biography
Ngannou is a Cameroonian-French professional mixed martial artist and former professional boxer. Born on September 5, 1986, in Batie, Cameroon, he is best known for his achievements in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) where he competes in the heavyweight division.
Francis Ngannou grew up in poverty in Cameroon and initially pursued boxing before transitioning to mixed martial arts (MMA). He made his professional MMA debut in 2013 and quickly gained attention for his knockout power. Ngannou joined the UFC in 2015 and has since become one of the most dominant heavyweights in the organization.
Francis Ngannou Education
There isn’t comprehensive information available about Francis Ngannou’s formal education. It’s known that he grew up in Cameroon and faced challenging circumstances, including poverty. Ngannou has mentioned in interviews that he left school at a young age to help support his family.
Given his difficult upbringing and early focus on working to make ends meet, Ngannou may not have had the opportunity to pursue extensive formal education
Francis Ngannou Career
Francis Ngannou’s career has been marked by his transition from a challenging upbringing to becoming one of the most formidable fighters in the world of mixed martial arts (MMA). Here’s an overview of his career:
- Early Career in Boxing: Ngannou initially started his combat sports career in boxing in his home country of Cameroon. However, he eventually transitioned to mixed martial arts.
- Move to Paris and MMA Beginnings: In 2013, Ngannou moved to Paris, France, to pursue a career in MMA. He joined the MMA Factory gym and began training under coach Fernand Lopez.
- Professional MMA Debut: Francis Ngannou made his professional MMA debut in November 2013. His impressive performances caught the attention of UFC scouts.
- UFC Debut (2015): Ngannou signed with the UFC in 2015. He quickly gained a reputation for his knockout power and devastating striking skills.
- Rise in the UFC Heavyweight Division: Ngannou’s ascent into the UFC’s heavyweight division was rapid. He secured several knockout victories, earning him a shot at the UFC Heavyweight Championship.
- Title Shot and Defeat (2018): In January 2018, Ngannou faced Stipe Miocic for the UFC Heavyweight Championship but was defeated. This setback prompted him to reevaluate his approach and training.
- Comeback and UFC Heavyweight Champion (2021): After making adjustments to his training and skills, Ngannou made a successful comeback. In March 2021, he defeated Stipe Miocic to become the UFC Heavyweight Champion.
- Other Pursuits: Apart from his MMA career, Ngannou has also explored opportunities in acting and modeling. He appeared in the 2021 film “Fast & Furious 9.”
Ngannou’s story is often celebrated for his journey from humble beginnings in Cameroon to becoming a world champion in one of the most prestigious MMA organizations. His remarkable rise in the sport has made him a prominent figure in the world of combat sports.
Francis Ngannou Net Worth
Francis Ngannou’s net worth is estimated at $15 million which can be attributed to various sources of income such as endorsements, sponsorships, and media appearances. However, a significant portion of his wealth comes from his fight winnings.
Francis Ngannou Parents and Siblings
Emmanuel Fosso (father) and Mamma Ngannou (mother) are the parents of Francis Ngannou. His parents reportedly divorced when he was six years old and due to this, he was sent to live with an aunt. Francis’ family was so poor to the extent that the boxer was given little formal education and he had to work at a sand mine when he was 10 years old. He dedicates all his wins and achievements to his family, especially his mother.
The MMA fighter has three brothers and a sister. However, details about his siblings are not widely available.
Francis Ngannou Wife and Children
Francis Ngannou is not married, but he’s currently dating a popular retired American mixed martial artist and former UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion, Miesha Theresa. Ngannou has no children at the moment.